Dive into the archives.
- Playwrights We Love: George C. Wolfe
Director, writer, dramatist, producer and all around superhuman, George C. Wolfe has not only distinguished himself in the arts, but he has made me feel like the most indolent and shiftless homosexual in the known world.
- Poets We Love: Frank O’Hara
One of my biggest literary crushes has to be the poet/art critic Frank O’Hara. O’Hara was at the epicenter of the downtown poetry scene known as the New York School*(which included poets like John Ashbery and Kenneth Koch).
- Hilton Als on Michael Jackson
A brilliantly queer look at The King of Pop.
- E. Lynn Harris: 1955-2009
In a perfect world I would never have to write this letter. In a perfect world there wouldn’t be a need for it. In a perfect world this pain…absent. In a perfect world we would accept people for who and what they are. No strings, complete honesty, total acceptance, no matter what. In this imperfect world we live in, there is no longer dignity in telling the truth.
- Beauty, Beauty Everywhere! Finding poetry on your internet porn fan site
It was the great Greek poet Aeneas (or was it Donna Summers?) who said “Beauty is everywhere”. I’m always pursuing the sublime in the commonplace. Poetry is everywhere if you look for it. Search hard enough and the lyrical can be found almost anywhere.
- Lady Bunny interviews writer/playwright and gay activist Larry Kramer
Lady Bunny interviews writer/playwright and gay activist Larry Kramer
- An Ode to Essex Hemphill
My favorite gay/queer themed book is Ceremonies (prose and poetry) by Essex Hemphill.
- A selection from a homosexual book we love
A selection from a homosexual book we love
- Great (or at least interesting) homosexual book to screen adaptations
Great (or at least interesting) homosexual book to screen adaptations
- Edmund White on Rimbaud
Edmund White on Rimbaud